The first round saw a leveled contest as both athletes came up empty. However, the second round saw Kasahara come in with a flurry of counters that earned her a 12 point lead. Tona’s failure to score by the end of the second round saw the umpire end the fight awarding the win to Japan.
The fight was awarded due to large point gap. However, Tona’s coach, Any Rutten, was clearly disappointed by the judges’ decision to have the fight stopped despite a last round remaining.
- PNG’s sole Taekwondo rep to compete tonight (pngwarrior.com)
- Tona takes gold (pngwarrior.com)
- Photos: Taekwondo medal events at 2012 Summer Olympics (photos.denverpost.com)
Latest posts by Bernard Sinai (see all)
- Kyokushin kicking drills with Shihan Cameron Quinn - October 24, 2017
- How Real Samurai Warriors Fought - March 27, 2017
- Highlights of Adrian ‘The Hunter’ Pang’s MMA Fights - March 24, 2017