The Technical Training Seminar hosted by the Papua New Guinea Karate-do Federation (PNGKF) is currently underway at the Shady Rest Hotel in Port Moresby. The two week seminar which started on the 25th of June is currently in its last week.
Sensei Trevor Roberts from the Shotokan Budokai Karate Honbu (headquarters) has been flown in to conduct the seminar.
The first week covered kihon (basics), kata (forms), kumite and pressure points. This week is oriented toward the officials with topics ranging from performance coaching down to judging and refereeing. This will be followed by the 23rd National Karate Championships to be held at the Sir John Guise Stadium on July 7.
Meanwhile, classes at the Mas. Oyama Kyokushin Karate Association (PNGMOKKA) Dojo has been suspended for two weeks while their tatamis (mats) are being used for the seminar and the championships. Instructor, Sempai Samson Benroy asked the students to stay away from training for two weeks while the seminar was underway. Normal classes will resume on July 9.
- PNGKF to host technical training seminar (pngwarrior.com)
- Karate championships set for July 7 (pngwarrior.com)
Latest posts by Bernard Sinai (see all)
- Kyokushin kicking drills with Shihan Cameron Quinn - October 24, 2017
- How Real Samurai Warriors Fought - March 27, 2017
- Highlights of Adrian ‘The Hunter’ Pang’s MMA Fights - March 24, 2017