Karate students at the Mas Oyama Kyokushin Karate Association (PNGMOKKA) dojo at 6 Mile will be fundraising to assist their members who will compete in the coming 23rd National Karate Championships and the Papua New Guinea (PNG) Grassroots Games.
According to senior student and the country’s current female Kyokushin champion, Sempai Freda Kurabi, each student will be given a sponsor-sheet worth K50. They will hold on to the sheet and seek sponsorship from wantoks, relatives, friends and neighbors. The monies will be collected after 3 weeks.
Sempai Freda said the monies raised would be used to provide logistics for members taking part in the upcoming championships and the national games. She said the funds would assist in hiring a team doctor and other required services.
She also informed them that they would receive t-shirts once the logo has been finalized.
Freda also asked members to renew their membership and encouraged casual students to become full members. She said the organization would only provide support for members. Meanwhile, the students are preparing for the karate championship on July 7 which will be used to select a team for the national games.
- Kyokushin starts preparations for PNG Games (pngwarrior.com)
- Kyokushin Students Receive Certificates (pngwarrior.com)
- PNG Kyokushin Confirms Grading Date (pngwarrior.com)
- Kyokushin holds first Grading (pngwarrior.com)
- PNG Kyokushin Defers Grading (pngwarrior.com)
Latest posts by Bernard Sinai (see all)
- Kyokushin kicking drills with Shihan Cameron Quinn - October 24, 2017
- How Real Samurai Warriors Fought - March 27, 2017
- Highlights of Adrian ‘The Hunter’ Pang’s MMA Fights - March 24, 2017