Papua New Guinea Kickboxing Association (PNGKBA) is set to host its 12th national kickboxing championships on March 8-9 in Port Moresby at the Sir John Guise Indoor Stadium sanctioned by the World Kickboxing Federation (WKF).
This announcement was made by the national coordinator Micah Oki after a meeting at the Shady Rest Hotel last weekend.
Micah said he had prior arrangements with the B-Team PNG to allow the event after the official launching of the movie project on the March 7.
The team leader for the B-Team Movie project Stanley Nandex said it would be an ideal opportunity to allow the guests to attend the championships to give an opportunity to fans to see them personally because of the limited seats at the Gateway Hotel and also the ticket prices which would allow mostly corporate clients.
Micah said this would be the only opportunity to invite different martial arts disciplines to take part in full contact, semi-contact, kickboxing, Thai boxing, K-1 rule and other forms of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).
He said WKF president from German Fritz Exenberger and the Oceania region officer George Pergialis would attend to sanction the event.
He said the international representatives would be here a week early to conduct seminars for the refereeing and judging to run the championships under different rules sanctioned by the WKF.
Via The National.
- National Kickboxing Tourney on for March (pngwarrior.com)
- Kickboxers from Kavieng preparing for tourney (pngwarrior.com)
- Watch Out Hollywood, The Headhunter Cometh (pngwarrior.wordpress.com)
- AROB Kickboxing Tournament Kicks Off in April (pngwarrior.com)
- The B – Team Luncheon Postponed (pngwarrior.com)
Latest posts by Bernard Sinai (see all)
- Kyokushin kicking drills with Shihan Cameron Quinn - October 24, 2017
- How Real Samurai Warriors Fought - March 27, 2017
- Highlights of Adrian ‘The Hunter’ Pang’s MMA Fights - March 24, 2017