The National Capital District Commission Sports Desk through the Department of Community Development and Social Services is looking for suitable candidates to manage the 25 different sports including the martial arts to participate in the upcoming PNG Grassroots Games to be held from the 17th to the 30th of November in Kokopo, East New Britain.
The following martial arts will participate in the games:
Persons interested in applying must meet the following requirements. They:
- Must have some experience in sports administration and management;
- Must be familiar with the sport concerned;
- Must have sound knowledge of the updated rules and regulation of the sport;
- Must be of sound mind;
- Must be a self-starter and resourceful when assistance is not available;
- Must innovative and creative;
- Must be knowledgeable in other sports;
- Must be willing to work under stress and at odd times;
- Must be able make fundraising for the team and meet deadlines, and finally;
- Must be able to carry out other duties and directed by the Sports Desk office and the General Team Management of Team NCD.
The closing dates for the applications are March 16th and we wish all applicants good luck.
Meanwhile coaching clinics for some sports including Boxing in preparation for the games in Kokopo has commence on the 5th of March and will continue until the 13th of April.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Manager Social Services – Mr. Kila Dick on 325 4711 ext 224/236 or on mobile 7692611 or the Sports Coordinator – Ms. Diana Paliau on ext 205/202.
- Karate admitted in the PNG Games (pngwarrior.com)
- 4 Martial Art Codes included in PNG Games (pngwarrior.com)
Latest posts by Bernard Sinai (see all)
- How Real Samurai Warriors Fought - March 27, 2017
- Highlights of Adrian ‘The Hunter’ Pang’s MMA Fights - March 24, 2017
- Revision of Kyokushin Competition Kumite Rules - March 17, 2017