Kyokushin Karate classes kick off for 2012 next Monday (February 6) for PNG Mas Oyama Kyokushin Karate Association (MOKKA) Inc. at Wally’s Dojo. The dojo (training hall) is owned by former Kyokushin international and world karate champion Sensei Walter Schnaubelt and is located in Wally’s Bar & Grill at Magila Street, 6 Mile (opposite IBS). The dojo is operated by two of his former students Sempai Samson Benroy and Sempai Sailas Piskaut.
According to Sempai Piskaut, preparations for a new logo and t-shirts have been completed and are awaiting final approval from Sensei Walter. There is also a grading scheduled for March 10 which will see the chance for students to be promoted to higher levels.
The classes are categorised into two; kids and adult classes. Kids’ classes are for children between the ages of 6 – 10 and are held from 4pm – 5pm while the adult classes are from 6pm – 7:30pm. Drop offs are provided for adults but only within city limits.
Days for training are Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays is circuit training for adults from 8am – 9:30am. Students can pay the full membership of K936 or those wishing to take casual classes can pay K7 per class.
- Kyokushin Karate Grading Set for March (pngwarrior.com)
- Kyokushin classes to start in February (pngwarrior.wordpress.com)
- Warrior Profile: Silas Gabriel Piskaut, Shodan (pngwarrior.wordpress.com)
- Erima Kyokushin Holds Grading (pngwarrior.wordpress.com)
Latest posts by Bernard Sinai (see all)
- How Real Samurai Warriors Fought - March 27, 2017
- Highlights of Adrian ‘The Hunter’ Pang’s MMA Fights - March 24, 2017
- Revision of Kyokushin Competition Kumite Rules - March 17, 2017