The Papua New Guinea Karate Federation (PNGKF) has officially announced the participation of karate as an optional sport in the Papua New Guinea (PNG) Games to be held in Kokopo, East New Britain in November.
Federation President Carl Mari has urged clubs to prepare for the games. They have been asked to contact their respective provincial sports office to be included in their squad. He said that all clubs in Morobe should contact Rickinson Mekere on 72524841. All clubs in Madang should contact Andrew Tukiki on 76022015 and those in Central should contact Vice-president Roy Stanley on 72987468.
Associations wanting more details can contact the executives:
- President, Carl Mari – 76757777;
- Vice-president, Roy Stanley – 72987468, and;
- Secretary, Joe Konaka – 76913327.
Mari also thanked the National Sport Federation and the East New Britain Games Committee for including karate in the games. He also said it would be an opportunity for the grassroots to partake in national championships and allow the PNGKF to scout for candidates for regional and international competitions including the 2015 Pacific Pames to be held in Port Moresby.
Latest posts by Bernard Sinai (see all)
- Kyokushin kicking drills with Shihan Cameron Quinn - October 24, 2017
- How Real Samurai Warriors Fought - March 27, 2017
- Highlights of Adrian ‘The Hunter’ Pang’s MMA Fights - March 24, 2017