The Aipeana Boxing Club, hosts the inaugural Moroi Cup Challenge, are the new champions. The event staged on December 29 – 31 in Aipeana village in West Mekeo saw the participation of 150 boxers from 15 clubs.
The home club took out five gold, six silver and seven bronze medals for first place followed by St. Paul’s Boxing Club of Veifa’a village with five gold, five silver, four bronze and the Boxer of the Tournament Award. The award was snatched by Isidore Oaike after he defeated former champion and PNG rep Junior Kaoke in the 56kg division.
The other awards were:
- Most Improved Male Boxer (49kg) – Allan Oaike (St. Paul’s Boxing Club)
- Female Boxer of Tournament /Gold (60kg) – Mary Greg (St. Paul’s Boxing Club)
- Most Improved Female Boxer (49kg) – Shane Ima (Aipeana Boxing Club)
- Most Improved Male Boxer (novice division) – Jay Aisa (Opo Boxing Club)
- Most Improved Male Boxer (cadet division) – Raphael Auki (St. Paul’s Boxing Club)
Latest posts by Bernard Sinai (see all)
- How Real Samurai Warriors Fought - March 27, 2017
- Highlights of Adrian ‘The Hunter’ Pang’s MMA Fights - March 24, 2017
- Revision of Kyokushin Competition Kumite Rules - March 17, 2017